Get Licensed

A trademark license grants individuals, organizations or corporations authorization to produce commercial goods or services bearing the university's trademarks.

License fees: The university has established a standard royalty rate of 15% that will be included in the wholesale prices you charge as a licensed vendor. IMG College Licensing (IMGCL) also collects minimal annual advances from all licensees. Those advances are determined by the category of the product being licensed for production. As a licensed vendor, you are required to provide proof of insurance as specified by IMGCL. In addition, the University of Arizona and IMGCL reserve the right to create new licensing programs and fees as market trends permit.

License types: Companies asking to be licensed only for the University of Arizona may request a local/internal campus supplier license application.


The license types available are:


The Crafter License is intended for individuals who handcraft items bearing the University of Arizona logos. Individuals who hold this license are not allowed to generate more than $2,500 in sales or sell more than 500 units in a calendar year. For more information on becoming a UA Crafter, email

Internal Campus Supplier

This type of license is for companies who wish to produce items used by the University of Arizona for internal use only. Internal Campus Suppliers are not authorized to sell any products for traditional retail sales. Often a Promotional Addendum is added to Internal Campus Supplier Licenses, so elevated royalty rates can be charged for premium promotional products or items bearing third company logos, in addition to the university's logos. Due to an ongoing RFP, we are not accepting new ICS licensees at this time.


The Local License is for companies that desire to obtain a license with the University of Arizona and possibly one to two other institutions in the state of Arizona only. Visit to begin this licensing process.



The Standard License is intended for companies that are capable of extensive production and retail distribution of their product(s) and/or are introducing a unique and commercially viable product to the collegiate market. The Standard License is usually not for first-time applicants or companies without well-established marketing plans, existing product distribution and/or a financial history of selling licensed product. This license is for the production of emblematic merchandise that will be sold by the licensed vendor to retailers. Visit to begin this licensing process.


NCAA/Bowl/ Conference

These are special licenses for companies that wish to obtain rights to use the trademarks of the NCAA, bowl games, athletic conferences or another special event for use on licensed merchandise, either alone or in conjunction with an institution’s trademarks. Licensing rights to these properties can be more expensive to obtain, depending on the event and the extent of the rights and product categories. Visit to begin this licensing process.