- The names and marks of the university will not be used in the promotion of tobacco and/or "recreational" drug products.
- The University of Arizona logos cannot be used to endorse or promote a private group or business unless authorized by a formal contract or sponsorship agreement. Private companies are allowed to use UA logos only after entering into a promotion-specific agreement with the university.
- Merchandise that bears a registered (or common law) trademark, trade name, service mark or logo of the University of Arizona name must be approved, in writing, by the Office of Trademarks & Licensing (or its agent, IMG College Licensing). Merchandise produced without written authorization may be considered "counterfeit" and subject to all available legal remedies, including seizure of the merchandise.
- Logos are to be used as registered, including the appropriate trademark designation, but may not be otherwise altered without the expressed authorization of the Trademarks & Licensing Office.
- Departments may only use the Block A with their official lockup. The University of Arizona Brand Guidelines are available for your reference on brand.arizona.edu. Departments requesting authorization for use within official university publications, letterhead and business cards should direct their requests to the University of Arizona Marketing & Brand Management at email@example.com or 520-621-8747.
The use of University of Arizona registered marks is regulated by the Arizona licensing program. Campus units may only use the Block with their official logo provided to them within the approved logo system, without modifications. Visit the Marketing & Brand Management page on Logos for more information on logo usage.